Sunday, May 25, 2008

Our Shining Star





Well Ryan turned 5 months old this week. I cant believe how time passes so quickly. We think he is still gaining about 1 oz a day. That should make him over 13 lbs! He is over 24 inches long too.
Ryan is progressing well. His development is as a 2 month old would be, his corrected age. He is really focusing on objects and reacts more to noises. The dogs loud barks now startle him to a boisterous cry. He is making all kinds of new noises and has mom and dad wrapped around his finger. He also has mastered the 'fake' cry or the 'you are not paying attention to me' cry. The smiles are starting to be voluntary too. The last week, we have gotten him to smile a few times a day. Today we got him on video...a big smile and a laugh. It was great.

With this being Memorial Day weekend, Ryan and I took a trip to Jefferson Barracks to visit my dad. It was very emotional for both of us. I can't wait until he gets older so I can tell him stories about his Grandpa Dean.






1 comment:

Aunt Judy said...

Hey Ryan, Mom and Dad
You look GREAT Hopefully I will see you at Matt & Morgan's shower.
the cheeks are getting bigger every time I see a picture.
Glad you went to see your Grandpa Dean - He would be so proud.
Love GA Judy