Thursday, December 4, 2008

One Year Ago....My water broke




I can't believe it has been 1 year since my water broke! We have come so far in one year. Tonight on the news, I saw a story where a little girl, who was born Oct 2007 and she finally got to go home today. She was in the NICU/PICU at CGCH for 13 months. I balled through the entire story. I recognized the dad of the little girl, I know we saw him in the family lounge when we had our stay at CGCH. Just amazing, how far we all have come. I think back to the morning my water broke and they told me I would be in the hospital until Ryan was born. I was so scared, but everything we have gone through is so worth it. We have an amazing son, who inspires us everyday. We are so blessed to have him in our lives.

Tim took Ryan to Buddy Builders at the Delta Gamma Center on Wednesday. He was asked if they could use a picture of Ryan in their flyer. We are so excited. Watch out, I think we have a star on our hands!
Last week, we had a meeting with our case manager and his therapists. It was decided that Ryan has made some great improvements, yet he is still developmentally behind. He was approved to have PT and OT once a week instead of every other week and Eye once a month. We are so excited and grateful to our therapists for the increased visits. I think they will really help him catch up.

Enjoy some pics taken over the last week.




5 comments:

Jen Lee Reeves said...

Look at him. Seriously you guys are amazing. To think this was such a scary day last year. I love you guys and Ryan looks fantastic in those pictures. Clearly the PT, OT and eye therapy is making a huge difference. Therapists rock. Hugs!!

The Bearded Dan said...

Man you are getting huge.
Can't wait to see you in a few weeks.
U.D.

Aunt Judy said...

With all of God's grace and the love of your Mom and Dad and the ability of all the doctors,nurses and their assistants it is just so inspiring to see you grow.
It was just a year ago and it seems like yesterday and then again
it seems like forever.
Make sure you give your Mom and Dad a hug for me.
Love GAJ

Mor Mor Jo said...

RYAN,
LET IT BE SAID THAT GOD HEARS OUR PRAYERS AND GRANTS OUR WISHES AND MIRACLES DO HAPPEN. JUST LOOK AT YOU. IT SEEMS LIKE YESTERDAY I TOLD YOU TO STAY IN YOUR MOMMY'S TUMMY BECAUSE IT WAS TOOO COLD OUT, BUT YOU WERE JUST TOOO NOSEY AND HAD TO COME EARLY TO CHECK THINGS OUT. THANKS TO YOUR LOVING MOM AND DAD AND ALL THE HELP FROM KIND AND LOVING CARETAKERS THAT I CAN LOOK AT YOU AND SMILE AND SAY THANK YOU. GOOD NIGHT, SWEET DREAMS, SLEEP TIGHT, GOD BLESS YOU, MOR MOR JO LOVES YOU MORE TODAY.

Aunt Judy said...

Hey Ryan:
way to go dude - we don't want to learn any foreign songs like "O Canada"
Let's keep it real and only sign for the Cards - Blues - and oh yea Rams - maybe they will all be better next year if you can sing to them.
love to you all
GAJ