Sunday, September 28, 2008

Please don't disturb me, I am napping


He had a big weekend. We went shopping at Soulard Market, met up with Mama and Papa B and aunt Tara and went to the Taste of St. Louis. Wasn't too impressed this year with the event. The first year (4 years ago) was the best setup and most enjoyable. We ran into Mayor Slay and he commented on how cool Ryan looked in his sunglasses. (So Ryan is now 9 months old and has met the mayor twice! I have lived in the city for 7 1/2 years now and have met the mayor twice!)
Today, we went to church. Haven't been in a few weeks. I took him up for Sacred Space. This is where all the children of the congregation come up to the alter for a brief lesson with our Pastor. This was his first time. At the end of her lesson, she passes around a candle and all the children put their hands on it and say a short prayer. When it got to us, I held Ryan out to reach the candle and he tried to grab it, like he was saying a prayer. You could hear a sigh from around the congregation. It was very touching. After 45 minutes or so he got a little fussy and fell asleep on my shoulder.
So he is now eating prunes and loves them. He devoured 2.5 oz for dinner last night and tonight.
Here are a couple of photos I took this afternoon while he was sleeping. This kid has some big feet! Enjoy

No comments: