Friday, February 22, 2008

Doing 'Back to Back' Feedings

So yesterday the orders were written for Ryan to start taking more than 4 bottles a day. He is now taking a bottle for back to back feedings. This means we give him a bottle at 3pm and 6pm and then a tube feeding at 9pm. Then bottle at midnight and 3am then tube feeding at 6am. This is another big step.
Last night he took the 3am and 6am feedings in about 15 minutes. He is also gaining more weight, now up to 5lbs 7oz!
Another CRP test was run to see how his infection is behaving. A normal test result is less than 1. His result was .4. More good news, then infection is nearly gone.
I dont want to brag on him too much. Everytime I do, we have a minor setback. But he is doing well and we are very proud of him.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Renee,Tim and Baby Ryan,

Just checking in on your journey. Ryan, you are gaining weight really fast now, YOU GO!

Keep up the good work all of you, you are an incredible family!

Love,

Jennifer and Wanda

Mor Mor Jo said...

Ryan,
You are progressing, getting bigger and stronger, and that makes me happy. What makes me sad is that I haven't been able to see you for 9 days. I am going to the Dr. tomorrow, so hopefully I can come to see you soon. I miss you soo much. Sweet dreams, sleep tight, God Bless you, I love you more today. Mor Mor Jo.