Saturday, February 23, 2008

On Room Air again


Friday, Ryan had his cannula removed, so now he is back on room air. He is learning how to feed more from the bottle. He is doing well with it. Taking most of the bottles.

He is 5lbs 6 oz, losing a little over night. He worked so hard yesterday on his feedings, he probably burned more calories than what he took in. (I wish I could do that!)

He has a test scheduled Monday to see if he still has the infection and to see if he is still required to be in isolation. We should know then if Ryan can have visitors again.

5 comments:

Jen Lee Reeves said...

It's so great to hear the latest updates! Hooray Ryan!

Natrat said...

WOW!!! Baby Ryan, I'm so proud of you!!! Keep up the great weight gain!!!! I love seeing new pictures of you that your Mommy takes.......I put them on my computer screen!!! What a cutie!!!!

Natrat said...

I forgot to tell you, that I'm so proud of you that you are on room air, too!!! Keep it up!!!
Love you little guy!!!
Natalie

Mor Mor Jo said...

Ryan,
You look so cute I just want to squeeze you. We had a party for you yesterday and you are going to be the best dressed baby in town. All the fun things you received will keep you very busy. I can't wait to see you this week end. Good night, sweet dreams, sleep tight, God bless you, I love you more today. Mor Mor Jo.

great aunt Cathy said...

I really enjoyed you're mom's baby shower Sunday and especially seeing you on video...you're a natural. One day you'll be in the movies. Once you get those feedings perfected you'll get to go home to your own room and see all the presents you received. Keep up the good work!!!!!
Love, g.a.Cathy